Use These Social Media Travel Agent Tips To Attract More Bookings
Want some travel agent tips that will attract more potential clients to your business with social media? Keep on reading!
Grab your coffee and let’s chat about what you can do to not only attract your ideal client on social media, but get them genuinely excited to work with you.
First thing’s first…
1.Show them the person behind the business – People trust people more than they trust brands, and this is one massive edge you have over large OTAs and booking engines.
One of the best things you can do is show the person behind the business to humanize your brand and grow your know, like and trust.
Before picking up the phone and asking to book with you, your followers need to know you and your business, they need to like you and like your solution to their problems, and they need to trust you enough to hand over their credit card.
Know, like trust is not only essential to driving your followers to take action, but when you cultivate this, your followers start to build an affinity for your travel business, and that makes all the difference when it comes time to plan their trip.
Here are a few things you can do to show the person behind the business:
- Share photos of yourself in your feed
- Share lifestyle content about you, your interests, your past travels, etc
- Share your own travel insights and expertise
- Be your authentic self and don’t be afraid to let your personality show in your content
2. Keep your content conversational – As a travel agent, you already know that the key to success is building relationships, preferably long-term ones.
So how do you cultivate relationships on social media? You use it as a connection-building social platform, and that all starts with your content.
Remember that social media is a social platform, so you want to meet your potential clients where they are by keeping your content conversational.
Avoid sounding like an overly polished travel brochure, and instead like you’re having a genuine conversation with someone face to face.
On top of that, you want to focus on making your posts inviting by asking questions and prompting your followers to engage with you.
3. Focus on connection, not the sale – Highlighting your travel services is a necessary part of marketing your business, but connecting with your followers is even more essential.
Before people are willing to take the leap and book with you, they need to know, like and trust you. People don’t buy from strangers so connection is non-negotiable.
Instead of showing up on social media to sell and promote, show up instead with the purpose and mindset of connecting first, and selling second.
80% of your content should talk about you, what you do as a travel advisor and provide value. The other 20% should focus on selling.
And truthfully, that 80% sets you up for the 20% where you sell. Focus on showing up authentically as yourself, and on providing value and you’ll be well on your way to connecting with your followers so you can attract more leads, inquiries and bookings.
When your followers feel a connection with you, they won’t hesitate to call you and ask for your help with planning travel when they are ready.
Keep the momentum
4. Show up consistently – You may have heard that consistency is KEY to Social Media, and it sounds cliché, but there are no truer words.
Consistent effort gets consistent results. Your main priority for showing up on social media should be growing awareness for your travel business and what you do, as well as connection.
These two things take time, and every time you stop posting, whether it’s for weeks or months, you slow down the process of building brand awareness and building connections.
So keep going friend! Keep showing up so you can build your know/like/trust and so your business stays top of mind.
5. Engage engage engage – The best way to grow your know/like/trust and cultivate connections with your followers is to engage with your followers.
When you engage with potential clients you’re setting the tone and inviting them to come and engage with you too.
You’re also setting yourself up for future success because they’ll be more likely to see your future content
And most importantly, you’re building awareness and connection by creating more touch-points with your ideal client.
The good news is, you don’t need to wait for your followers to make the first move.
Instead, try to catch their attention by following them, commenting on their posts, and engaging with their Stories. The more you do it, the more you open the door for future interactions and opportunities to turn them into a lead or a booking.
All it takes is 5 minutes a day to engage in a meaningful way with your ideal client on social media.
And there you have it — 5 ways to attract more clients on social media who are excited to book with you. Which one will you try first?