What To Post On Social Media to Attract More Travel Clients

Want to attract more clients on social media? It all boils down to your content.

And the truth is, it’s a little bit more complex than showing up and sharing your standard travel inspiration and wishing everyone a happy National Pizza Day.

The main purpose of your posts should be the C+C — conversations and connections.

When you make a conscious effort on social media to focus on connections, something fantastic happens.

People start to like you and trust you, and it leads to the third C  — conversions (aka, people picking up the phone and sliding in the DMs to inquire about travel).

And friend, you are GREAT at building connections. That’s why you have clients who come back to you time and time again.

When it comes to social media though, you need to build the connections before someone is willing to give you a call, set up that consultation, and ultimately become a client.

So how do you build connections on social media? You tweak your content to focus on connections over sales.

Your content should follow the 80/20 rule. 80% should be a nice mix of lifestyle content (yep, you’ve got to share things about you!) and content about your business, like how you serve your clients and help them solve their pain points. The other 20% should be sales-related content.

So how can you create more content that achieves this? Here are some tips to get you started.

Keep it conversational

Your posts shouldn’t sound like a travel brochure or an encyclopedia full of facts. It should sound like something you’d say in a conversation

Ask questions

Don’t ever miss an opportunity to get your audience talking back to you. Always ask questions or add a CTA to the end of every post like “comment below” or “double tap if you agree”. Encourage people to engage with you.

It doesn’t all have to be about travel

Just because you’re selling travel doesn’t mean every post has to be about travel. Imagine showing up to a party only to talk about the same thing all night. Awkward, right? You don’t want to be a broken record, so find some common ground with your ideal client and weave that into the travel-related content you’re already posting.

Be prepared to talk about you

It’s impossible for your followers to know, like and trust you if you don’t ever show them WHO is behind the travel photos. 

Show up authentically as yourself

People value authenticity these days and your relatability will go a long way to growing that know, like and trust. So don’t be afraid to show up as you are, messy bun and all, letting your personality shine.

Your followers want to get to know you, and in fact, it’s a pre-requisite before they’re willing to pick up the phone and call you for a consult.

Want some examples of what you should be posting? Download my FREE Content Bundle below!

Add A Comment